Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Funny New Guy--FNG


I was supposed to have physical therapy today but it just so happens that I also have a meeting with my internist today as well. This is the same internist I was supposed to have met with a month ago when I was trapped in my van with lift that would not deploy. This was to be met first time meeting with the Doc and since I stood him up once before and did not think it wise to do it again. In fact so committed to today's meeting that that even drove my power chair to the docs office choosing to not ride in the van for fear of a duplication of events.

My internist's office is not far from the house in fact it's in the same complex of buildings where I was recently housed for my acute rehab phase. This is a new medical home complex – – everything I need medically speaking is here or at Tosh which I've written about already. I don't know why but I have been somewhat dreading this meeting with the Internist. The doctor was recommended by my physiatrist and for some reason I just didn't trust My physiatrist. I know this is irrational but hey It's the way I was feeling. I was surprised because I thought I was going to be Dianne to the building but she passed me as I was pulling into the medical complex. We caught up with each other at the front door and on up. We checked in and waited – – The wait was not too long And eventually we had our intake person/Dr./intern begin the process which was quite lengthily. I have to admit I was pretty impressed with the amount of time this Doc spent with us. Dianne informed me that having an intern do the workout is not a bad thing since they are new and are trying to do as good a job as they can which in some cases better than the old pros. This of course made sense to me and it's how I felt at the end of the interview. It was then we were allowed to speak with the new doc I'm going to be working with now on on all things medical.


I was quite astounded when the new doc walked in with flowing, long brown hair And sharp chiseled features Looking like a Simpson character come to life. The guy was you in fact I would've thought the interim was the attending in the attending the engine had I not known better. Dianne was smitten which ensure is more than normal. But the guy seems to know we still and I know my doc, the physiatrist , but not directly wrong. I have to admit I was more than impressed with the selection. I think I'm going to look forward to working with my new doc.I am not sure how these docs all will work together but they seem to be interested in doing so – – all the files can be accessed by these medical guys – – these medical young guys who knows everything about medicine and new technology at the two to get some of the medical superhero. However I know they are not that's okay Sometimes just the illusion is enough.

No comments: