Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Good As New


There is no excuse for me to have as few postings to this blog as I am posting these days. Just not doing it which is sad because I'm capable so much more. Strange as it is the most important thing that happened to me this last week was the repair of my broken tooth. Seriously, the tooth took first place pushing my stenosis or non-stenosis to the back burner. I guess that just shows you where my priorities lie.

As you know I sheered off the front of my left front tooth! However as blessed beyond report because for the amount of enamel shed no nerve endings were exposed. I cannot believe how that happened but it did. To make matters worse when contacting my dentist he indicated he was overbooked, overwhelmed(his office person) and that I would not be able to get in for a week from that Friday which would been more than a week and I was terrified that my funky tooth which shed more enamel and eventually expose the nerve. However Dianne went to bat and got me in the coming Friday to assist three or four days and even that kind terrified me. However as the week went on and nothing happened to my tooth I became more and more confident that things turn out okay at least I would not find myself writing in bed in the middle of the night embedded in pain, oral pain – – the most painful dilemmas of them all.

Finally, Friday morning arrived. Friday the end of the work week and more important the last day for three day weekend for Memorial Day. I really expected the sea people lined up popped into the hall waiting for Drew's attention but when we got there I was almost all but deserted. I got stuck in the elevator will actually not stuck in the elevator elevator wasn't working in the repair guys there trying to get it going. He finally got the doors open and got me upstairs and time for my appointment didn't make any difference there was nobody else there except us. Don't know what they were thinking of what they didn't look slammed to me. Of course you to rewrite in and I love this chair because it allows me did just tip back and get writing the whole dental thing. I was spooked for a minute when after examination Drew indicate that I was in luck, I would not need any anesthetic! No anesthetic!! This of course was a faith experiment. You know like when you're in one of those weird groups and their leader has everyone to the right step behind the person and the person close their eyes and fall back having faith that person to the right will catch them. Well, that's just fine for touchy-feely but real-life, sitting in the chair tilted back, with a short statured gnome with a loaded drill is quite another act of faith. This truly is flying without a net. Of course Drew assured me the instant any discomfort was felt that he would stop and go to Novocain. Again well and fine, I'm the one who still going to feel the discomfort not him. Oh well.

I passed! I passed my ordeal of faith challenge. In 10 to 15 minutes Drew had smoothed out the broken tips of the tooth buffed up the rough edges of the fascia that had been exposed or lost and then applied his magic solution and built up the tooth to look like it's twin on its right-hand side. I'm always amazed at Drew's artistic side he really should've been a sculptor…I do not give the guy enough credit. He really is a good dentist and I have appreciated him be in there over the years. And Drew was right I felt no pain he drilled he buffed and sanded and smoke did come up little bit not much but I got out of the whole ordeal without Novocain – – I could actually eat something had I wanted to following the experience. Dianne says the tooth looks good but from the way the tooth feels my tongue it feels hugely oversized, blunt and ineffective but look at it in the mirror the tooth looks okay.


So got okay looking tooth, it's functional and will get me through a few more years hopefully. Still feels like a club compared to a knife as long as it gets you through a steak, tortillas are a morning burrito I'm okay. However, Drew did say I must stop using my teeth as tools…

No comments: