Sunday, May 15, 2016

Perspective Perspective Perspective



It's a cold and rainy Sunday, quite a shock after yesterday's 84° and lots of sunshine but lots of wind. I knew today was coming but still I miss the warm weather. It must be patient. However the upside is that you spend a great deal of the day in my chair leaning back to take the weight off my butt. Last night getting to bed after Dianne gave me shower and found skin breakdown on my right hip. It's small but still a skin breakdown which raises all kinds of red flags. I'm not sure what the culprit is but I sort of think it's the cushion I've been using the last couple days. It's got a harder surface than I have been using. And I think that is caused the skin issue. Dianne of course put a dressing on the wound site.. I am also wondering if the foot pedals may have some impact on the wound as well. The hangers have a lot of good points going for perhaps the best is that it certainly reduces my size of the chair making a lot easier to get around in the house. But my right foot keeps coming off the plate I think it causes spasticity as well as pressure on that right hip. I could get really depressed with this information as well as feelings it causes but put in perspective with issues many of my friends with disabilities are going through I have to be thankful that we caught it in time and hopefully about the blogger under control. I have noticed with these hangers that getting dressed is also a major challenge as well as transferring from the bed to the chair. So I think perhaps tomorrow I will try to change out the foot pedals for the old boxes and deals those until we figure out a new system. We should be meeting with the durable medical guy this next week sometime and hopefully he will have some answers. Hopefully will also get a new more protective cushion. Still, it's sort of slows me down and limits what I'm able to do – – again perspective, perspective, perspective.

No comments: