Sunday, July 10, 2016

Minor Miracle Sunday


I continue to marvel at how well I am taking care of both physically and metaphysically. Dianne has been ill for the last couple days. She began earlier in the week she had a sore throat and coughed more and more. Dianne has had trouble sleeping and today she's barely been up. She's coughing and sneezing and really I'm quite concerned. I cannot attend to her needs as I used to when I can get back and forth to her bedside. Now is out of the question with me living upstairs and she taken over the downstairs I can get down there at all anymore. So I was excited when she requested some salt-based tater chips – – vinegar and salt chips without be able to go get at the market. So I finished my morning chores and took off.

The market that I can reach from my house is about four blocks away and remember those are Salt Lake blocks. I can go up by State Street but the sidewalks really are the best and if I can avoid the traffic I would do that. So third west is just west of our house over the railroad tracks is a straight shot up to 6400 S. where I can then turn East and travel up to State Street To Sprouts Market. This is an industrial area not traveled a lot on the weekend so it's fairly safe. It's a little out of my way but not too bad the chair does not seem to mind. The trip itself to the market was essentially uneventful. When I go this background there is a street I like to go up State Street then over to the market but the railroad crews were working on the intersection today and I cannot get through. As I was traveling up third last I pass an industrial section of the city. I was impressed by seeing about 100 or so motorcycles i.e. bikers in one of the garages. Actually it was a garage that had a banner hanging down indicating it was the chapel! These are full-blown bikers you know choppers, vests and radical helmets sissy bars biker chicks and lots of boots. Looks like they were having a service of some sort along with breakfast. I was mildly impressed as I rolled by. I have heard of such events where these radical folks find Jesus but rarely have I witnessed such an event.

Sprouts market is one of my favorite places in the neighborhood. They're good people, sort of like second or third generation hippies, the produces great prices are high and meat is spectacular I'm sure. I have really purchased protein like that from this market but when I have it's always been good. Anyway I was pleased to find potato chips we needed for Dianne's throat and I wanted to get a watermelon as well. The picked up a couple bags of chips just to make sure we were covered and then I found the righteous watermelon with the help of one of the checkers. I was concerned how I was going to carry this all home. So I talked to the checker and told her to double bagger watermelon and I would put it over my headrest. She didn't understand shinned up just put in the watermelon into bags and then just rest and it been trained my headrest and part of the chair which sort of wedged the melon.And I had the chips in a bag that is holding on and took off her home. I just barely gotten out the door halfway through the parking lot and I heard a “thud” and sure enough watermelon had fallen from the chair and broke. I gathered up the melon the bags rolled back into the market and they gave me another. This time I had the gentleman used for bags and then hung that off my chair controls. And I headed off again.

I decide to come back on third west this time so I just passed the industrial area and look like the biker service was over. And all of a sudden I heard a thump and sure enough my watermelon at fallen out of the bags suspended from my chair control. There was no way I was going to be able to pick up the melon without assistance. So I rolled back to biker-Ville rolled up to the guy scraping the gas stove. He was great and informative what I needed and he just jumped to the task. He walked out to the street picked up the melon they had me come back to see if there is a bags they had that would meet my needs and taking the watermelon for the rest of the trip. While he was in looking for some bags another one of the bikers and interesting guy baldheaded walking with a cane but not old am sure there is a good story for his need for a cane. Anyway he asked if I would like some breakfast burritos of course I said yes. And in a minute he had four good-sized breakfast burritos wrapped in aluminum foil looking great. Then the stove scraper came back was found to polyethylene bag stronger than the bags that have been supplied by the market. And as on my way safely in food secure to the home front.


I'm not to get all emotional about how I could have misjudged the folks at the “the chapel”. I feel fortunate that I did not judge at all. They're good people sometimes they look little rough but I understand them. It's nice to have so many people at your back.

No comments: