Saturday, July 23, 2016

Saturdays Business




When things happen they tend to happen fast and that's good all things considered. Today I found out that the haulers were coming over sometime this morning. They of course were folks that we contracted with Takeaway the junk in the back i.e. the things I wrote about yesterday. Most significant to me were the lathes. I tend to hang on the things long past their time of value to me. I did that with these lathes I should let go long ago in fact I should never have gotten I should never gotten rid of my first lathe.I really want to use the stands the lathe was mounted to. One was extremely strong and it was okay but both I could've mounted devices on particular views to make my sticks. Well snooze you lose and I was snoozing. I never got around to taking the hardware off the lathes – – actually I didn't have a way to do that. Perhaps this is the lesson I should just get stuff that I can handle not have to rely on other people. I don't mean this obnoxiously I just mean it doesn't do me any good to get equipment that I have to rely on other people to use. Who knows maybe once things calm down a little bit if they ever do maybe I can get a Lathe that really works. My come back to the question of what my doing with the lathe anyway? It's just a recipe for danger with me anyway. I fantasized I don't know how many different ways I can miss myself up using a lathe. When I make my sticks I really don't need a way I just need a way to secure the stick on my work bench that I can then use my Sanders to knock be edges off smooth up the stick for the hook. I don't need no lathe.

I also looked at my hand bike go. I must've got this hand bike 10 or 15 years ago. I really a plan to use it daily both as a cardio tool and just for fun. The bike was not as slick, fancy are sophisticated as many of the bikes that the paras use. The para bikes are sleek and low to the ground. There is no way I would ever be able to independently getting out of a vehicle like that. So I got this hand bike which is I guess sort of grandpa hand bike. It took everything I had to transfer into that bike. One of the biggest issues I had was the seat. The seat was kind of a bucket seat and the seat back tilted back which made me have great difficulty trying to pump the handcrank. I really needed the seat that was straight up and down. It really was a disservice. But I didn't realize was just how hard it was to pump the bike. I really needed a long terrain a flat surface on which to pump my bike. I could not even negotiate the hills of our neighborhood which are very slight.I stopped using the bike after the first year. I put on weight and I couldn't even transfer – – this was the deathknell for the poor bike. It became relegated to a place under the deck. In fact when the haulers came the bike had been totally compromised the some kind of vine which had totally wound itself around all three wheels, handcrank and seat. Took quite a bit for the haulers to free the poor bike from the vines. They eventually did the bike when in the back of the dump truck junk.


There are other things the haulers took away – – husband-and-wife team and a nice 1 ton truck. I suppose these two are living the dream that looks like hard work to me. I was surprised how well I let these things go. In fact I'm kind of excited now that they are gone to see what the next step will be. I sure hope we get the refinance. Still have lots of work to do, going through this process but you know what it's like the weight that I'm losing it's all right by me.

No comments: