Sunday, July 03, 2016

Best Summer Of My Life



How did it get to be the third of July? I cannot believe I don't have a posting for July as yet . Space actually have been kind of busy, nothing really important but just as he things running up and back from ShopKo, 711 and the neighborhood. I've been paying a lot of attention to my plants in the back into the different families of quail that seem to be taken over the backyard. I'm reading a little bit but basically enjoying retirement! I cannot believe I'm saying that but perhaps it's true. Oh there are a number of small issues simmering on the background which occasionally reach a boil but so far we been able to turn the heat down and get the various pots back to simmer if not out completely.

I have felt some pressure to get my home gym back up to snuff. I've got the rickshaw to the side of the house with I don't know 50 pounds weight but actually gives me a decent workout if I do enough reps. I've also done a recommitment to using the colored exercise bands. I used to think they're pretty dorky but actually I think if you do them within Commitment that got a be helpful. And why's it so important? It's because I think I'm going to lose funding that I have enjoyed from Medicare at the rehab facility I have been using. That's okay I guess as long as I can keep myself focused here on the home front and possibly use some of their Wellness programming.

As the hot time now , tomorrow is the Fourth of July which even though it probably is not the case ,feels like it's the dead center of summer. The summer is gone too fast it always does especially at my age. I've gone to exclusively be an outside without my shirt and as little clothing as possible. A truly pine for somewhere I could be totally natural if the world or the heat of summer at least. As it is now I love just cruising around in my chair and loving the sun. This year I sort of got a slow start the gardening when I just on a lark purchased some throwaway tomato plants. I brought them home and planted them and they're on their way now. I am completely immersed in their grooming and upkeep. I even feed them weekly and water of them at least once a day sometimes twice. I also have onions green onions we've purchased for cooking, cutting off the greens and then planting the bulbs we have about 12 plants I kind of wish now I had like 20 or 30 planted different intervals so they can be harvested at regular basis all coming to age at different but usable times. This is intelligence I can use this next year.


A couple of projects I would like to do in July is repair the ramp and get the carpet tacked down in our wheelchair van. I would be happy right to accomplish this by August 1.So here I am smack dab in the middle of a holiday weekend. I am losing weight – – even though that means not eating any of my holiday foods like potato chips, cookies, barbecued ribs, sloppy Joe's, potato salad, barbecued beans etc. etc. – – I'm loving losing the weight even with the sacrifice of holiday food, I'm probably 90% independent and I have a book, a novel and a collection of short memoirs of survivors of the Holocaust that I am reading to Dianne. We have earned a connection, cable and infinity. I don't have to be a job, I can cook I can help with the house this just may be the best summer of my life.

No comments: