Sunday, August 01, 2021

Short Site



When the best parts about doing this blog is that I'm the boss of this blog and I can pretty much write anything that I want not that I well, but I can. I can also be self-deprecating which is a luxury I don't get to do very often at least, that's what I think.


It's Sunday morning and I'm sitting at the table which is been freed up at the restaurant. Mark Anthony and I communicated last night agreeing to do breakfast this morning as usual at the D's restaurant just up the street from my apartment complex. We have two restaurants, across the street from each other one is D's in the other one is Village In or VI. Both restaurants are similar feeding Utah's lower to upper-middle-class their menus are extremely similar in both have expensive coffee whose flavor does not justify the cost.


I've not heard from Mark Anthony before I took off for our meeting time which was 8 AM. I figured he would just show up or call somewhere along the way but I was ready to get going. I was pleased to have no issues getting up and getting dressed. When I showed up at the restaurant I was surprised to find that some huge family function had taken all the tables in our section of the restaurant. There were booths available but I have a difficult time getting close enough to the table in a booth to really use one. I decided I would wait and the hostess indicated that a table should show up soon. Since Mark and not contacted me yet I figured it would be okay to wait it out. About the same time I did contact from Mark Anthony and he was in route. The table cleared up and I got it. I was not altogether pleased with the positioning of the table but that was the best buzz going to get so I was seated in order my coffee.


Now this is the part that I'm writing about, this is the part that's a bit self deprecating, this is the part that shines the light on how little I actually am – – small minded. Anyway, I was sitting at the table when all of a sudden a huge person wearing sleeveless shirt, way overweight in the days growth of beard. He was being herded towards our table. I immediately took offense at having to share the same planet with this guy live alone sit next to him this Sunday morning. His family was okay I just thought this guy was a Billy Bob and I was being totally short. Sure enough the family was seated right next to me I tried not to be too passively hostile but I'm sure it showed through. Luckily my coffee and showing up when I had something to mess with. I greedily put in the small cup of the French vanilla flavoring and and one pink package of sweetener. And with pleasure lifted the cup to my lips and took a couple of gulps. Almost immediately I heard “there's nothing like a great cup of coffee is there?”. There was like the main character from Monsters Inc. had escaped the animation and turned into a real-life individual. Of course, I immediately agreed and soon we were locked into a real-life conversation. This guy actually was concerned about me and how I was enjoying my morning at the restaurant. I was dumbfounded to say the least but putting on a good front. Our conversation didn't last very long, at most just a couple of sentences and returned back to our individual tables he to his family and me waiting on one of mine to appear and soon he would. In the meantime I sheepishly played with my cell phone to hide my embarrassment of passing judgment on a great big guy in his sleeveless shirt on a Sunday morning having breakfast with his family…


No comments: