Thursday, April 18, 2024

Christmas joy

 



The bag of candy shown in this blog entry today was giving me at the independent living Center's Christmas function for I become Santa Claus for a few hours for the the center's clients and Families. It's a cute little bag of candy that I've had kicking around my apartment now since Christmas I didn't know if I'd ever use it actually I get these things from time to time and they tend to go to the back of the drawer are on the bookcase are in my file cabinet and for one reason or another I never get around to consuming them. Around Christmas time after I got home from the function I put the bag on the little stand next to my bed thinking that maybe at some point I might get into them when I need something sweet to eat while in bed. Eventually the bag of candy got knocked to the floor and stayed on the floor now for the last 4 months or so. And yesterday for no other reason then curiosity I fished the bag out and placed them on the bed thinking that I might put them in my book bag or my bag that I carry with me all the time as emergency candy that I sometimes utilize when I'm out traveling and I'm starving and I need something to keep me occupied or fed while waiting for the bus or whatever. I must confess the bag of candy never made it to my bag and in a fit of Desire this afternoon I opened the bag and started eating the chocolate kisses. You noticed that there is a pipe cleaner reindeer or something on the bag as well as a jingle bell. I think I'll put the bill somewhere I'm not sure where maybe on my door at the apartment the rest of the candy bits scattered on my bed and I think I'll put the rest of the bag in my major candy box that I usually store the candy bars for my home health person, caregiver. That seems appropriate.


It was another one of those days where the outside looked inviting and warm but once in the outside it was too cold for me to enjoy the day without a bundle of clothes. So I pretty much hung out for the day in the apartment. It was coffee this morning it was a small turnout but really good conversation, All Things Considered. I enjoyed my arm bike later on in the day while listening to Marketplace I only had to do 20 minutes to get to my 200 minutes for the week but I did 30 instead so I'm over that amount of time. I'll probably still do a workout tomorrow and maybe Saturday who knows all I know is it certainly helps you sleep better I really don't care about the other positive aspects - - possibly I should but all I want to make sure is I'm sleepy enough to get through the night and end of the day. I finished the Bank conversion that I've been going through the last couple days. I got set up with my password and login which I need to find a status on my bank account. I still have to do a direct deposit with the state and I got the forms off the internet tonight so maybe I can do that tomorrow and then I'll be just about caught up. I have to reestablish a connection with my account and my public radio station just so that they'll start getting there funding again from me not that it's a lot but makes me feel like I'm doing my part it's hard to believe it's almost Friday..

No comments: