Saturday, April 06, 2024

Conference weekend

 April 6th is a special day to Mormons it's a day when they are the churches reestablished on the earth after couple thousand years. Pretty interesting I've often wondered about the dates that tend to pop up here and there over and over again an April 6th is always a biggie. So today is the general conference often called the Spring conference when all the good MOS get together especially now that they can get together again down at Temple Square and have the big Powwow. It's televised nationally internationally. Pretty interesting really when you look at it I've always been fascinated with the technology involved and how the churches broadcast itself throughout the Universe. I didn't watch any of it of course that would be too spooky to say the least however I was kind of interested since they went out of their way to Warren the population that because of the age the feeble nature of the body some of the ga's wouldn't even be there in person they'd be there by telephone by television and the others would give their presentation seated as opposed to standing at the podium. 3/4 of the body is over 90 years old that's amazing to me. I almost watched it just for that fact alone. Another interesting fact that I found over the years is that April 6th many times is very inclement weather for the spring conference today there was even snow and very cold temperatures. That stopped me from going down in person and watching the folks come and go. You never know who you'll run into during conference weekend always kind of fascinates me. But as for me and my house I stayed in the apartment pretty much all day except for a couple garbage runs. I just didn't feel like going out and getting cold I and becoming a weak person..

No comments: