Saturday, January 16, 2021

Biscuits And Gravy at Virges

 



I am kind of frustrated. I took off this morning with high hopes of finding picture frames for the art I purchased last Fall. I really hope to have them mounted and mounted on my wall by now but I've been dallying for no specific reason unless I am frightened that I'm going to make a mistake and somehow mess up the prints but I have. That's stinking thinking and I'm better than that. Since yesterday I blew off the day with giving the bus pass functional . Today I was going to purchase the picture frames I knew I'd seen them either Ross's department store are T.J. Maxx or one of the other cut-rate stores up around 5400 S..


I didn't get out of the house again until about 1 o'clock I kept missing the bus. Locally, Redwood Road runs 15 minute headways. So I just sat there and waited for the bus full 15 minutes. The sun was out the temperature was not too chilly. I actually felt pretty good getting out on a quest. I wandered through T.J. Maxx and there was nothing there next I searched Joannes art store or whatever it is and was really surprised they did not have any frames either and I thought for sure they would. I decided finally to grab some lunch and think about my problem. Virges restaurant is a little place at the end of the shopping mall I was at.. I first found this place when I was working at independent living and virges was at around 3300 S. in Salt Lake. They had the best English fish and chips I've ever tasted. Sadly, they don't any longer. They still have a great menu and they serve huge portions, much larger than I really enjoy especially since I have no way to carry leftovers home comfortably. But today, I figured I would treat myself and after examining the menu decided to go with the “cheapies” menu, with the biscuits and gravy not only was it less expensive than other items on the menu I wouldn't have anything left over. This was a good choice so good in fact I actually added to Friday's to my meal. I really like this little joint but there really into themselves. The meal still cost me 10 bucks not counting my Tip. $2.50 for coffee? Come on. Perhaps if it was great coffee but it's really just coffee. $2.50 for fried eggs over easyand the rest about five bucks for biscuits and gravy – – supposedly sausage but it was very lite on the sausage. I'm still glad that I went there one of these days don't take my crate with me and get a meal to go enjoy a whole meal.


The day was warm for January but still really it's winter and there is a Sheen clouds and the slight breeze. We're still close enough to equinox that at 3 PM it feels like eventide is coming on in making me wish I was home at my computer with my trusty heater cranked on the dozing in front of my screen having thoughts of an early spring

No comments: