Friday, January 15, 2021

Wrong Card!

 



With just a little bit of guilt I am excited about how well this weather is holding. It's January 15, it should be subzero, snowdrifts everywhere and everything frozen until the spring thaw somewhere in February but that's not the way that it is the temperature is in the 40s, the sun is shining bright there's even been enough breeze to shove the pollution out to the desert making being outside a true pleasure. With that in mind I want to rectify the problem I ran into yesterday when I boarded the bus to find that I didn't have an adequate bus pass. For some reason, I believe it was last summer, I had to replace my bus pass because I think I ran over it and broke it – – not even realizing one could do such a thing – – but they didn't replace my bus pass with what I thought I had. I was issued just a low-fare card which means I only have to pay half the fair because of my disability and sadly my age. This wasn't the “tap on Off” magic pass that I needed which allows me to ride rail traffic and fixed route service: regular bus routes. So this afternoon I called the authority to find out what I had to to replace my pass and was informed that I needed to go to the Para Transit Center where they would issue me a new card. I made the call early afternoon and pretty much thought I wouldn't get to that task until the coming Monday. I'd kind of promised myself that today I was going to go up to the shopping area 5400 S. and Redwood Road and find a couple of picture frames for the images I purchased late this summer. I just have not been able to get around to finding this picture frames and today I wanted to do so. However, in the back of my mind that little parent figure kept saying “be responsible”. Do what you have to do now which is pictured transit problem or could cost you a dollar 25 every trip you take. Now that is not altogether true, when you purchase a fair you do get a transfer to ride free for two hours from your purchase point. It's complicated I know. Still responsible thing was to put everything off this afternoon except fixing your transit problem.


I made the call and spoke with Shannon who indicated that all I needed to do was come down to the transit center and she would issue me a new “tap on tap off” card. I just had to be to the Para Transit Center before 430. It was a little after 2 PM if I just focused on the transit center I should be just fine and maybe have enough energy left the still hit Michael's or their other store. So off I want. Surprisingly made by connections easily. Thriving got on the next train north one-stop to get to the center. Shannon was delightful and got me my card and some coaching on how to use it and I was out of there. It was now almost 4 o'clock and all the helium had been let out of my balloon and I just wanted to get home to begin my evening routine. Tomorrow I'll go searching for picture frames…

No comments: