Friday, January 08, 2021

Jo Ho Ho Potato Planks

 



I hate directions that are so poorly written that success is almost impossible to achieve. I'm not sure if it's the directions or if it's me. I have a sneaky feeling it's 90% me. The last couple of days on the sharing shelf down at the front of the building is a lot of bread donated particularly hamburger buns. I've got a couple pounds of hamburger I've had frozen in my fridge for at least a year my goal is to use them up this year. With that in mind yesterday when I was trying to spend my Smith's card I included with my purchase account of sloppy Joe mix. Inherently I've always made my own sloppy Joe which I have always totally enjoyed. I've always enjoyed the chopping, and the mixing and best of all the end result of a great sloppy Joe burger. So today I actually got a pound of burger out of the freezer and set it to thaw and I was going to get really active in run across the street and get some potato chips to go with my sloppy Joe. I don't know what happened but the day just got away from me. Possibly the late program this morning, working out on the arm bike and then waiting for my radio show at 3 PM. The whole time I kept thinking (why do I need potato chips?). After all I've got these potatoes which I have been resting unit was the chairs in my kitchen for nearly 2 months I should use them up. I could have sloppy Joe and potato planks. Potato planks this is something my neighbor has got me into. To take a potato and run it through your mandolin pushing out quarter inch thick slices may be a half-inch thick I don't know. I looked up some recipes on the Internet and found a recipe for Parmesan wedges which I thought would be as easy to do with planks as with the wedges.


I was a little leery of the potatoes but they felt fairly firm in their little plastic sack. None of them had decayed to the point of emitting that horrible rotten potato smell. However, each one of the spots had little eruptions of white things coming out of some of their eyes. But overall they were firm enough to run through the mandolin and soon I had my planks. I reread directions on the potato plank. The directions really didn't make a lot of sense to me I searched in vain for a video of the process. So I did, literally, with the directions said next the Parmesan cheese with the garlic powder and the garlic salt , paprika, pepper and a quarter cup of olive oil. The direction said to mix these ingredients together in a gallon bag and then mix with the potatoes and bake. Why mix the ingredients together I got this weird taste the kind smelled good but I couldn't see how it was going to quote the potato planks. I figured they knew what they were talking about silent to the process got this really mess of slimed potato plank. But that point time I had lost my desire to fry up the sloppy Joe and decided just to go with the potato planks which is kind of sad but there's always tomorrow. 35 minutes later I spirit a couple of the finished product the globular Parmesan potato planks and kind of enjoyed them actually. Perhaps I was just damaged as I gobbled the baked potato treats. I think if our to do it again I would put the ingredients in a bag and then do the shake him all around and then drizzle olive oil over the potato planks. I don't know if that would wash off a lot of the seasoning I don't know but at this juncture am willing to try…

No comments: