Sunday, January 31, 2021

Anticipation

 



It's much warmer today than it should be for 1 February, after all we do center of winter here? Still should be major skiing and ice-skating weather but it's not. I'm sure the phenomenon this is bad for the human race as the pandemic, the phenomenon of global warming but I suppose something's got to get us in the end. I would rather go out and springlike weather than either boiling the death of freezing to death and who knows me become all that. Anyway, with the good weather I thought I would run over to Macy's and get some dental floss ran out over the weekend. I've been using those funky little individual dental floss devices with a little pick on me and. These are okay for being out on the system and you got to just pick your teeth however these pics won't work for me anyway over the long run. I can use them but takes a lot of dexterity and strength I'm kind of lacking. So, I'm in the market Monday my own business rolling past the meat section once again eyeing some of these giant T-bone steaks but I look at every time I go to market with just cannot justify purchasing. Today something snapped, it's my birthday tomorrow! I'm turning 70 years old!! I deserve a huge stake, I deserve it birthday dinner I deserve a cake frosting and right there and then I decided tomorrow I'm making myself a birthday blowout. Start out with the steaks. I've got cake mix at home I thought what the heck and I purchased three cans of frosting. I'm set. The last cake I baked was a chocolate cake and I have quite cake mix I know if I get my handle another chocolate cake really use it with the Hershey's frosting. I also got a couple of good-sized potatoes for baking but I only need one. You know me, good to have backup.


I know I sound pathetic sort of like what I did for Christmas and New Year's making a special dinner just for myself because I wasn't going out or anywhere. I'm doing the same for my birthday. I was returning home from the market with the big brown basket my friend Dennis Dahle gave me a few years ago. I use this basket almost every day one where the other.I ran into my neighbor, across the hall, Billie and of course she asked about my meet which I had sticking out of the basket. I casually informed her of my birth date be in tomorrow. Of course I knew this would elicit all kinds of celebratory excitations. I know I took a risk when I informed her I was doing my own birthday celebrations but it was still fun having her wish me an early happy birthday.


On my return from the market having placed my groceries away I went down and check my mail and have a card for my sister. I have three birthday cards now at least one I know that has at least $20 which I'm banking on to cover the cost of this birthday dinner. My brother is already warned me that he sent me something “special”. Whatever it is I will be pleased. I'd like to believe that on such a momentous birthday as 70 I would have a big bash at some fancy restaurant surrounded by everyone who cares. Luckily for me were the middle of a pandemic and birthday gatherings are relatively frowned upon if not openly illegal. Like many great excuses this pandemic has offered individuals and families I can just believe that would've happened had it not been the virus…

No comments: