Saturday, January 02, 2021

Cookie Monster

 


One of my Christmas presents wa
s a foot/leg lifter that I received from Dianne. I currently have a leg lifter she gave me I don't know how many years ago but but music quite a bit lately – – every day actually. I could get by without the leg lifter go back to using bicycle inner tubes and such but the leg lifter is just convenient problem however is that over the years one and of the lifter, which is basically a wire covered in cloth has pierced through the cloth making a kind of dangerous as far as the exposed metal getting close to my face in particular my ocular regions. The leg lifter I got for Christmas has been okay except for the first week I had the lifter I tore it apart (wreck -it Mark strikes again). I told the stirrup almost completely off. Hopefully I'll be able to get a replacement from the company. I haven't had a chance over the holiday to make contact with the company first it was Christmas, the New Year's Eve the New Year's and then Saturday following New Year's not a chance until Monday as I see it now. I believe everything will truly get cranking again come Monday.


I wrote off today as a maintenance day. I got dishes washed and I got clothes washed. I'm two days ahead of schedule so the loss was much smaller than usual. This is not by design but I think I'm going to try washing more often because I sense I save three quarters or one drying session. If I have too many clothes in the dryer that takes two 3 coin select drops to get the whole mess tried. It's faster too I'm out of there one whole cycle sooner however long the drying cycle is. So, that was part of my productive day the other part was getting three of my family letters written. It seemed that used to take forever to write these letters. It felt like drafting letters consumed the whole weekend sometimes now however I am dashing them out in approximately 2 hours.


I'm not trying to bore you with the minutia of my day I'm just trying to establish the idea that I'm either working or holed up inside the apartment here playing like I'm working or doing crypta quotes or just keeping myself busy. The only person I really tend to involve myself with Ms. Billie across the hall. She's having a problem with the computer. She needs to have a project printed but she can't find a printer she can figure out. She has an Apple system and I don't know if that's the problem. I've offer my support or help at least and she said she's going to take it but I have not seen her yet. I should know if someone can print documents across the two platforms. There should be a way to achieve this challenge. Worst case I would volunteer to transpose the project from Macintosh platform to Windows and print the documents on my printer. It is the least I could do.


The past two days I've been trying to finish watching the second season of The Mandalorian, a silly offering from the Lucas universe. I was deep into episode 13 this afternoon I heard a knock on the door. Because I take this social isolation thing serious I hardly ever get a knock on the door. I called out for the knocker to “come in” but nothing happened I could tell is going to have to act civilized and actually opened the door. I'm doing so I was really quite surprised to find my good neighbor from upstairs Trish thrusting a cookie at me saying “lemon” and spinning around and headed off down the hall. There had been a good bit of a ruckus out in the hall where I figured she had been giving cookies to each apartment in the apartment owners screaming with glee to receive their lemon cookie. I grabbed a cookie put it on the table and got the computer screen going again and back to the Star Wars universe. Nice to have a lemon cookie sometimes watching the last episodes of the Mandalorian …okay

No comments: