Thursday, January 21, 2021

No Meat Dinner

 



Finally there's a storm coming in. The storm will not be a huge storm I don't think we as a geographical region gets big storms anymore. I think were losing our moisture however, we've been quasi-promised storm overnight dropping about 3 to 5 inches of snow on the valley floor tomorrow. What I said not a huge amount enough however for me to break into my storm prep mode. I live in will I will is and and I will and will and will will will you is a will is and is a you will will will will will will will will be in place to you will and I and will over the past couple weeks has been roasting a lot of vegetables and I sort of got my hankering for some of those vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and brussels sprouts. I have never really even thought about making brussels sprouts. Dianne is quite brave and tackles new vegetables well. I look at brussels sprouts in the market and they just intimidate me but Dianne briefly talked about how she did hers which sounded doable even for me. I'm still riding the high from the potato planks I made a couple weeks ago. A surprise at how well those turned out.


There's a storm coming as I said earlier which means today was actually warm as I burst out the back door of the apartment complex for the crosswalk. Their dark clouds on horizon there were dark clouds hugging the mountains looking cold and menacing I figured I better make haste and get my shopping done and get back in my warm abode before the snow flies. Tomorrow, I think I'll just be in and enjoy the weekend. But I made it to the market the brussels sprouts were just sitting in a big pile in the vegetable section. I have to admit it was cut a difficult trying to grab the brussels sprouts. I almost have to get one of the time like when I try to grab ice out of the ice bin in the refrigerator. I didn't get a bunch and I wish I had now. The next time I do this I will get a bunch. I did get a large head of cauliflower. I buy cauliflower but I never use it before it gets covered with brown spots saws kind of excited to get home and chop it up for the concoction. It was kind of cute when I was checking out one of the checkers brought over two bags of Chinese noodles. She was the one who helped me last night when they're out. I told her that I bought two cans of noodles and that I was kind of embarrassed that I had made such a big stink but I took the two bags anyway. I will use them that is for sure.


I was kind of intimidated to start this process when I got home about 4:30 PM but I decided I would do it, luckily Dianne was on her computer and online that she coached me through the process. I have to say that the brussels sproutsc was a bit of a challenge chopping them into halves. The small cabbages just kept rolling away by finally got them processed. I used my mandolin for the potato planks and sliced up the cauliflower into cauliflower planks. I also chopped up the broccoli. I should've cut up some carrots as well but I was running out of steam by that point in time. I use the big yellow plastic bowl which were used to feed similar dog in that I use all the time now for cooking, to mix up the vegetables with the olive oil garlic and onion powder. I also threw in some pepper shook it all around and threw it in the oven. I actually thought it turned out pretty good. I think I would like to had some kind of protein/meat product but this was okay. I will definitely do it again the next time probably be better…

No comments: