Thursday, January 07, 2021

The Right Card The White Card

 



It's easy to become complacent. I really quite enjoy my little apartment in my Internet connection and library subscriptions to movie channels like Netflix. It's January, it's cold and it's easy to stay inside. I can certainly use the Covid 19 as an excuse which I do to a certain degree but still I need to be out using my battery in my chair and the great sunshine.


I don't know why but I couldn't sleep past 4 AM today, I did manage to stay in bed till 6 o'clock but at that point I was up and going. It's an off day so there's no home health person that you have to wait around for. I got dressed and had some breakfast did my morning routines and was out the door for the market by noon. I really did want use the card for Smith's market that I got from my buddy Kent. I made sure that I had the cards of my wallet as I left. I was even carrying an old visa gift card, I purchased last year for Christmas gifts, that I didn't give away. I wasn't sure if there is $10 on the card or 20 I thought surely there is something. When I got to the market ready to begin my spending spree I thought I'd at least check to see what I was working with. To my surprise the Visa card would even register. The card had to be good I don't know why it wasn't showing any amount that I was totally shocked when they did the Smiths card there's only a dollar $.96 on the card! I was bombs no question but shocked as well. The cashier indicated that the news before.. My friend has class I know that he would not knowingly give me a bogus card at the same time is trying to figure out how is good bring it up to him that the card he and his family gave me for Christmas was empty. More than that if he had actually spent good money on the card I didn't want him getting chipped either voted want to sound like I was a tacky moneygrubbing friend. So, I did my shopping figuring I was going to put whateverI purchased on my card.


I got just the basics on this card bananas, mouthwash one green pepper and some canned goods. I didn't get any treats per se. When I got to the checkout and ran my items through the price was $28 and some odd sense. I once again round Smith card once again showed a $1.96. Then acting like the confused older person that I am frantically searching through my pile of plastic I noticed the white “Smith's” card. Then I remembered THIS is the card and handed it to the checker who did the deed and have it back to me saying you have $31 left on this card. Relief! My friend did give me 50 bucks for Christmas I was the static. I plan to return to the market shortly to get the treats I passed by today and maybe this weekend enjoy some potato chips, grapes and maybe another steak. Just getting out felt great and enjoying the winter sun…

No comments: