Monday, January 25, 2021

I Just Need A Lift

 



Once again I start the week freaked out, which I don't like to do it all, but this morning my lift (the device are used to lift myself from my chair onto the shower chair and back again) functionally stopped working. What I mean functionally is that the lift does everything as it should normally accept raise myself up. To me fair to the left it has having more and more problems of late. Of course have been sitting in denial thinking it's just the battery or some other minute issue but we've always been able squeak by. One of the main issues we've had of late is that the “raise” function would intermittently work the way it was supposed to I. E. When you push the button lift me. Last couple months however more often than not if the person would take their finger off the “raise” button then the button would only work raising the left and like half inch increments. This would drive both of us crazy but it seemed to work and we got by. Will this morning we couldn't get by the longer and I had to face some kind of reality. We could barely get me back in my chair force me to roll onto the bed then into my chair after my shower.


Following this morning's chaos of course begin the dance with the Internet. First going to the local K S L.com local television stations sales bank. KSL's marketplace really is a great service. It did not take me long and I found a couple of interesting patient lifts. Of course the cost was in the hundreds of dollars but at least it wasn't thousands. And of course I could not speak with anyone because the people I need to speak with were involved in other jobs and could not visit with me till later in the day. They did text me off and on and it should me a few questions. One of them seemed fairly promising even if it was $500. This seemed like a fair price for used equipment of this nature. It's not necessarily close by in a small city about 40 to 50 miles north of us but my brother is already assured me he couldpick the lift up were I to purchase the device. Now, in the meantime I've been calling and checking other places in hopes of finding a better solution. I even posted on Facebook which are sorted taken a sabbatical from. I got some interesting options I don't know how valuable they are. In short I figured I better just make the call this evening and see about the lift I'm interested in.


The guys name is “Holt”. He actually sells medical equipment as a side gig. Sound like a nice enough guy let me talking down to 450 bucks and we talked for some time this evening. I'm going to send my brother up with a cashiers check from my bank. Tomorrow, I actually a meeting with my wheelchair occupational therapist about getting my new chair which means I'll be in the area of my credit union. I of course already have buyers remorse, I always do. Worked out the arrangement with my brother to pick up the device tomorrow after noon and that should do it. I then we'll have to patient lifts which kind of bums me out. I may try to fix the broken left to where it might be usable and perhaps even resealable and try to recoup my losses to some degree. I kind of think it's a lost cause however. Sometimes, the lesson is just to let go and get on with your life.

No comments: