Wednesday, January 06, 2021

No Marketplace Today--Sigh

 



I almost left the building today, the sun was shining brightly, and it really wasn't very cold comparatively speaking. I was a little put off just because on a regular day by home health person gets her at 8:30 AM meaning I don't really get dressed until 9:30 AM or even 10 AM. By the time I eat breakfast if I do at that late time it's almost lunchtime and if I can alike to do my work out on my own bike in the 11 o'clock hour. Since I can count on my home health person being here no later than 8:30 AM and since I'm usually up around 6 AM I could be making my breakfast early on what I rarely do so that may have to change. Where I was going with the preamble was that of the time I get done with my bike ride(on bike) getting a little late in the day. Local NPR station moved my favorite show Marketplace to 3 PM really messed me up. This leaves me just 90 to hundred and 20 minutes to get any business done that I want to do before my show starts. Arguably I know the show was rebroadcast at 7 PM and that the probably even find it in the show's archives as a podcast with all seems so tedious to get the information after the fact. So I basically elected to stay in. There's nothing I need on the outside, really. I've got everything I could possibly want frozen or in cans. I could be justified the trip the market for green pepper in case a really wanted to do some serious cooking but nah, I'm okay. Had I not want to listen to NPR at 3 PM I would've gone out.


Imagine my frustration when I tuned into NPR about 2:45 PM to find out the whole democratic system of United States was in turmoil and the capital building was under siege by the Trumper's! I was not so astounded by these events – – perhaps a little at the amount of coverage they were giving and have gotten for the rest of the day – – but the fact that I knew my show was not going to be broadcast in that I could've gone to Smith's down the road. That's right I don't want to just run across the street from getting excited about spending my Christmas gift for my buddy Kent Remund: a Smith's gift card. I don't normally go to the Smith's market it's always out of my way but on Redwood Road easily accessed by the bus. But not today


Of course when I tuned into the 5 o'clock news more coverage of the takeover of the capital building as well as the 5:30 PM national news, on all the channels! And it almost 7 PM total coverage of the electoral vote counting. Thank God for Netflix. Sadly, I'm beginning to think what were watching, happen on the federal level is the new normal. I don't know things will ever get back to how they were. I wish I could be more upset about what is going on but seriously it is just too much energy for something so trivial. I'm sure got my priorities all mixed up but life is short I would rather eat cake

No comments: