Friday, March 04, 2005

Blustry March Friday

I worked last night doing the Russian thing, so I had a co0uple of hour's built up then I also worked through lunch yesterday so I had at least four hours built up...that half a day! Plus I haver been tarrying to get an envelope of magnets mailed out all week to Department of Work Force Services(DWS) all week. When, I finally got the magnets assembled fifty of them I realized that the postage would cost a mint to try to mail them. I checked out the address and area enough the Midvale DWS is right on the tracks line, just one stop south of my home station(6400 South) So, figured I could count the time to the DWS as work time so as soon as Cecilia got back from lunch took off. I almost took off. It never fails, when ever I am trying to get out of the office, when I have to use time I have earned or I will loose it I invariably will have a call or a “walk in” which seems to last for ever. Well, this happened today! I got a call from an out of State traveler, a person with a disability, who unknowingly parked her vehicle in “designated” parking area but in a private parking lot. The ADA does not cover private parking area. They lot “booted” her vehicle and charged her $80.00 to get the car free. She wanted restitution. Sorry to say, the women is out of luck but I gave her some ideas. One of the ideas was to contact the local Fox net work affiliate. These guys ar always looking for a story. She was actually excited when I hung up the phone and got on my way.


The trip started out nice, there was breeze but not bad and I had my jacket so I was fine. I caught the next train out, fortunate, and soon I was off the Midvale station(7200 South) I wondered round a bit but finally got to the DWS met my contact and gave a brief presentation, this turned out to be a great information drop. I needed some Sherman's for the weekend so I motored down to a little shop on State far, got what I needed then I crossed an waited for the bus—this waited turned out to take a lot longer then I had wanted but I had my book so I read and began to chill. There is always a wind on State street and the wind today is cool, add a sun that is playing hide and seek with the clouds and I got really chilled. I put my jacket back on and waited. The bus finally showed up, the bus was th 222 shuttle meaning it was only going as far as the 6400 South station. I was thinking I would have the bus drop me off at Zions and get cash for the weekend but shat would not work since the buss was only shuttling to the Trax station. But, this was all good since I doubt I rarely really need the cash so getting off at 6400 South is how far I would have rolled if I took my regular train home. So, I was good. I was really getting cold now but soon I was home and I blogging. All is well.

No comments: