Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Lori's Poetry


lb
"font-size:130%;">

Lori is my friend. Lori is a woman with a disability, with a family and with an X husband. The X husband is relatively new the X part anyway. Lori is doing as well as can be expected; I really think she is going to survive. I can attest I really believe her poetry is getting sharp, exact and even surgical. I think we can expect to see great things from Lori. I am going to include some of her recent submissions to the Literary Guild in my next couple of blog entries. I hope you all enjoy then

Book

Lori Brock

The boy eyed the book

In his grandfather’s Library

It was just one book in the

Rows and rows of other books

It was bound in red and gold and

About as thick as all

The others

It was on a west shelf

Between the two

Windows with the cushioned seats

And low enough for the boy

To reach standing

On tip-toe

He took the book in his hands

And carefully opening

He took chocolate from his

Hollow belly

No comments: