Sunday, March 13, 2005

Holding out till Spring


Anakah Posted by Hello

The day seems cold compared to the past couple of days we have enjoyed. The forecast says cooler temps yet and possibly even snow by Tuesday, but you know what that's OK; because, I know Spring is holding off just a week or two away and I know I can outlast this Winter.

I watched “Meet Joe Black” today with Dianne. I don't know if I would file “Meet Joe Black” as great but I could watch it over and over. It's a good story, a little science fiction/fantasy, love story and mystery. The story met all my needs of a good movie except the way the movie ended. Sure, Joe Black( Brad Pitt) or Death returning the body back to it's rightful owner and him walking off with girl into the sunset or in this case the fire works with the MD daughter, Claire Forlani, of the Chairman of the board, Anthony Hopkins. What the movie never explainer, what I wanted to know was what happened to the Chairman's body after he and Joe Black go be hind the hill and the “deed” is done. If there was a few feet of footage covering this aspect, I would have been happy: “Mr Parrish Found Dead at 65th birthday party. Suspect: a mysterious drifter know only as Joe Black.” Now, that would have been cool. That is what I want to see out of a movie the tiering up of loose ends. Hopkins played a great role not only as a first rate Board chair—company` owner but what a great dad.! You sort of got a feeling he may have been a bit of a jerk while the girls were growing up but he was always their at least with his money. He kind of makes up for the lack of contact in the last week of his life. Hopkins give the common dads, like myself, a hope and a road map that it is not too late for us to be better, to love your kids with what ever time we might have left. Give them a hug and tell them you love them. This goes for the grandkids too. Anakah, one of my granddaughters spent the night. She and Dianne stayed up late watching cartoon movies and “Our Gang Comedies” I love all my granddaughters just wish I was as rich as Bill Parrish.

1 comment:

riptideselkie said...

you always listened to us, to our dreams and our ideas, whether or not they made any sense. You let us talk and never made us feel like children, even though we were. You discussed your own ideas with us. You made us feel like our oppinions mattered.
We always felt your love in those ways. I know as your grandchildren grow they will thrive on that as well.
We love you.