Friday, March 25, 2005

Feeling Friday


Feeling Friday Posted by Hello

I know I look positively goofy but getting bundled up togo out to the train at 6:30 am I am over whelmed with goofy feelings when Dianne handed me my “Black Diamond” fleece pullover. I was deciding between my parka an what ever else might be easier to wear. When she found the Black Diamond was happy. Dianne ran for the camera and there I am. The weather continues to be unsettled with spasms of rain, wind and today snow! It is Spring snow and that, to me , does not count as cold snow. Spring snow at this time of year is almost always cosmetic. It looks cold and intimidating but melts as soon as the snow hits the ground or you. You see I am wearing a sweater and I have a long sleeve “T” under that—the only skin exposed is my neck, head and hands so I'll be fine. I wear the Black Diamond like a hood, so even had I elected to to drive my Jazzy all the way up to the Train station I would have been just fine. However, I decided to take my van up the four blocks to the train station I would not be in the elements long enough to loose any significant body heat.

It's Easter weekend and most of the staff did not come in today. By two o-clock there was only four of us left, the phone were quiet, spo the boss sent us all home for the holiday. I had two hour I was not expecting and the weather downtown was not too bad so I explored a little wondering round
Arrow Press Square, home of the Blue Iguana, a renouned eating place in town. Arrow Press Square is a maze of restaurants, shops and other business' built into the cities old warehouse district. Great to look at but hell to access if you are in a wheelchair. I have heard the Blue Iguana is accessible but have never really explored the area to see how. Well, I found the path of access today so the after was somewhat constructive. I have a new place to go now. I found a couple of other restaurants I would like to try this Spring and Summer downtown.

No comments: