Saturday, June 04, 2005

Happy Birthday Mark


bday Posted by Hello

Finally! I called the bank and finally the BOA folks\’s fax came through and I was ready to go. (Please bear in mind this event happened yesterday, Friday. Yesterday was also Mark A’s birthday and he wanted to come with me to pick up the new computer. he was working but would be off my 4:00) Luckily I had my monthly meeting with the Russians Thursday so I had a couple of hours to blow…I worked through lunch so I was off by two o clock! I should have brought the van in today but I didn’t so I had to Trax home get the van then fly down to the Credit Union. I was doing pretty good time wise when I got to the credit union. But just as I was getting ready to ask for Rachel, the credit union person I was working with on my loan a chick asks for Rachel, MY RACHEL!! And I swear to Moby she started a song and dance which lasted thirty minutes!

I finally got to Rachel and this took another 15 minutes to sign for the loan and get my check. Then I sprinted out to the van and out to the Westside…this took another thirty minutes at least but I was really fortunate Mark A had not even got off work yet. Luckily, again, he called me on his cell and talked me in because I was hopelessly lost. I got him and got some of his domestic business taken care of and we were southbound. Traffic was terse, it was right at 5:00 pm but we slowed to the flow and got by. Long story short be got to the shop. The case I wanted to use, my old computer case, was too small to house all the new equipment Josuah was installing and he decided to put everything into a new box. A styling box with great light on the inside. The machine looks like something CloseEncounters of a third Kind. Mark came home with me, passing up an offered birthday dinner, to set up the machine. By now, the time and day was wearing on me. I did not look as exited as I should have, a new system and all—I tend to worry about things too much especially new things. This worry dissipates as I use the new items. So, I got Mark A back into the van and we drove back towards his apartment. I gave him some money and my old computer case which had affair amount of RAM I could not use with my new system, for his birthday gift. We stopped at Albertson’s to break a twenty so I could have a little change if I needed it. I waited in the van and Mark came out a bit later with a birthday cake, he bought his own birthday cake. I could have cried.

No comments: