Friday, June 24, 2005

The Perfect Storm

Remember way back when I got the word that there would be a family reunion this year? It’s tomorrow not in Boise, as feared, but in Santaquin which is great for us and many of the others who have traveled far for this experience. I have not heard anything more about the time of the events, nor has my brother who usually hears everything cause he is one of the Favs. This is weird—all things considered—the older bro called my mom last night but got quite a disjointed conversation. Realize this lady is 93 years old, she does have moments of confusion but is usually right on, especially for events like this she controls very well. The older girls, my sisters, Faye and Irene are already in town and have been for a couple of days now. No one has herd from them, this I think is very weird. I just called Mom and there was no response from her phone. I am hoping everything is all right but I am beginning to sense dark clouds of an emotional storm front moving in. I can understand not being able to contact Mom but having the older sisters not make contact seems fishy. I shall be keeping you all updated as to this emotional pressure system and of any stray lightening strikes.

It’s almost five, I am the only one in the office, again, this Friday night. My partner spooked out about 1:30m, then the reception split at 2:30. One of the part timers wondered in for an hour or so but has since vanished leaving me and my chair. I called the chair folks and the assured me I cannot get any further speed from the new chair but seemed interested that I am getting such poor mileage from the batteries. They are going to send someone out to check on the chair either tomorrow (which I doubt will happen due to the Fam reunion) or have someone come-out to the office sometime next week nd do the once over on the chair to see if indeed there is an electrical issue. I still may press to have a charge installed or find a small charger which I can carry on board. The techs are also going to check some of the other settings of the onboard computer to see what else might be done with the vehicle. I am not holding my breath. I am just going to have to live with what I have got, lots of torque and lower speed…life is a trade off.

I am really going to try to like this weekend even if the matriarch has decreed no grilling. There is talk of nothing but prepared food i.e. KFC, Pizza Hut or worse micro-waved hot dogs!! I would even put up with boiled dogs verses micro-waved dogs. Mom does not want- whoever gets saddled with cooking hotdogs and hamburgers- to be able to escape the close fami moments which might arise at this fam-fest. Tell you what, I would rather have food over talk anyday.

No comments: