Thursday, June 09, 2005

I'm back!!

Way back on Tuesday I realized I had conference the end of this week. I had completely spaced them. So, I jumped back in my power wheelchair and off to the Hilton. Luckily this was just round th corner from my office but still took me away from my computer for the rest of the week. I feeling sickly too the past couple of days so I did not even enjoy the conference anyway. Not that I ever do. I have always felt conference are a monumental waste of time unless the conference is in Washington DC, San Fransisco or even Seattle but that is a long shot. Oh, i like Portland enough to suffer to go there...anywhere else count me out. This conference was being held in my own city so I did not have to stay away from my bed. The conference was put on my Easter Seals Project Action ESPA. A conference to train lock transit systems to work with gimps and old guys. Usual stuff but the food was pretty good and th hand out useful. I met some interesting folk one or two I would be interested in corresponding with. This one guy was from Berkeley CIL. Christopher. He may be an interesting contact. The rest were pretty pedestrian. Conference salmon swimming up stream to spawn then die in last comments of the last breakout after the mandatory conference evaluation had been filled out. Waiting for cabs to take then out to the airport and their tired lives.


So, I have lost two days but tomorrow is Friday. I have some critical function I must do for next Tuesday—return some calls , check on th new power wheelchair and see about getting the van looked at. It'll be good to be back in the office.

No comments: