Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Lunch with Carol

I had lunch today with Carole Mikita She is a local TV personality, anchors 6:30 news. I got stuck with giving Carole an award for Media Representative of the Year. Very interesting. I have always been somewhat indifferent to her. Since she is the Cultural/Religion Editor for the Station little she ever reported on affected me. The network she reports for is also the major network in this market since the station is essential supported by the regions dominant religion. Now, I do know her brother an assistant Attorney General for this state. He also has a major disability – and for this I have been mildly impressed with his highly visible position in this states government. This guy has Muscular Dystrophy, uses a power wheelchair, has major bucks and gets round very well. In my opinion he is a major role model (excuse the pun) for people with disabilities in this area.

I was forced to do some research on Ms Mikita. I found out the Carole is the same age as me, we actually have a lot of the same thoughts. She is committed to her brother, family, religion and art. Her parents ingrained this in her and she has stuck to her commitment. I used to think Carole was a lot of fluff but upon reading her work and some of her essays I see she thinks more then I had given her credit for. We had a good lunch .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first impression was correct. She's a lot of fluff. A lot of cultish, mindless fluff.