Sunday, June 12, 2005

Waiting for the Rain to Stop

Sunday afternoon on a perfectly wet weekend, the weather was not bad yesterday morning for the UILC 5K. I did the race in my power chair; the weather held for that thank god. The winds kicked up, the clouds closed up, and the rain began, Major rain for us in June. D and I went shopping following the race and ate at the Shang Hi one of our favorite places. Time with D was wonderful. We next did the week’s shopping and I came home. I got a couple of steaks at the “throw a way” section of the meat counter in hopes of finding enough dry and warm weather to “burn” out on the deck but nothing as yet. Today I reinstalled the printer. We have not used the printer since we got the new system, last week, and of course, when we needed the printer last night the computer could not computer could not find the computer. I was too tired last night to do the fix right and this morning I downloaded the drivers I needed and the thing worked. I was quite pleased with myself only to find the printer is out of black ink so the documents we needed printed could not be. Now, I have to venture out in the cold rain. However, D has suggested that she could try to fill up the cartridge with ink. She has the equipment but I think I need to get a couple of cartridges just the same. I want to get a different keyboard too. Mark A indicated he may get by today. I wanted top work on cleaning the garage but it maybe too cold to be out there for any real quality cleaning. I am feeling a real hankering to get on my hand-bike and ride a little. I know I can never ride like the paras but just the same, it would be fun to pump for a while.

I still have to go to the market, Office Max and such and get something productive done with this wet, drizzly day.

No comments: