Thursday, June 23, 2005


Welcome to light speed
The image above is a failed attempt to take a covert picture on the train into work. I was going to delete the image from the camera but the more I looked at the image the more the image grew on me. I could not delete it. In fact I have been thinking about the image all week and wanted a way or excuse to incorporate the image into my blog.

The first cinematic depiction of launching to light speed I can remember was in one of the Star Trek movies. The captain says “engage” and then you got the blurred effect of light and image being left behind this was so cool to me. Now, every science fiction TV and movie director uses the same effect—somewhat mundane but I always like the effect. So, I image now, I travel on this train which can travel at light speed. I board the train the doors shut and “whoosh” we engage and leave the light behind. Everyone of us on the train is hurtling along at light speed and I take the picture and get these effects…Its all good.

No comments: