Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Last Day


Sunday Al Posted by Picasa

Its the afternoon of the last day: five days plus two weekends just like that. Oh well, I am ready to get back to some structure and more life experience then happens at a stay at home vacation. I have missed my workmates and the daily train trips. I m ready to get back.


I spent the whole day at Mark and Kristy's what a great day. I wish Mark has been able to be present he was working. We had been invited all summer to use their complex pool. We had Auni this weekend and she was dieing to spend some time with her cousins and so we did th pool. Auni and the cousins swam all day. I took the time to read. We id not get a lot done round the house but some times you have take time for yourself. We came back watched Michale and City of Angels our current favorite movies/ I dressed and got out of the house early. D as reading the paper and Auni and goal was to keep her asleep as long as possible. I went over and go the neighbor out of his paper and waited his time for a couple of hours. I am lucky to have such a good neighbor as I do in my Buddy Albert. Al is so patient with me I cannot believe it. He just sits there and listens t m. Today I was all wound up about couple of entries in the Sunday obits. There was one in particular which fascinated me; a local surgeon who had lived his whole life in this State. Graduated high school in this city, Medical school at th local university and I presume, internships and residency here too since th obit did not go out of it's way to leaving area to get these item accomplished. The Doc was accomplished spending a lot of time—a major portion of his life in the local reserves in spending time in Desert Storm—he was like a chief medical officer over a certain area. Aside from being a reservist the guy seemed to lived a perfect life, died kinda of young for surgeon- medical type. I could not help or want to read between the lines. I wondered who wrote or even payed for the obit, a loaf document as obits go. It seemed to be a great Reader's Digest version of the guys life. But many used cars look good sitting on the lot it when you look under the hood that the get really interesting. Same way with obits, scratch the surface and read between the lines for real entertainment on Sunday morning.


D and Auni are going to the movies shortly,something about penguins, I cannot spending money for me to go to a movie about penguins . I have some computer work to do, images to download and edit and some reading to get in before the end of the vacation. There maybe some weather activity this afternoon and that would be a great way to end the day.

No comments: