Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Vacation Day II


Unbelievable! I think I am getting a sore throat of ear infection. This morning when got up and swallowed a sharp, jabbing pain shot through my throat on the left side. The pain also reached up to what I perceive as my ear canal. The pain is intermittent off and on when I swallow. I have this strange belief system built round JalapeƱos peppers. I have been eating these peppers all year long and I have not been ill. I have been traveling in the coldest conditions, the wettest conditions and I have been OK—nothing healthy as a horse but I stopped eating the peppers about four or five days ago and all the sudden I am hurting. It's just not fair. I am sure I'll be down in a couple of hours but we should see. I ate a bunch of peppers for breakfast with my burrito and hopefully they will kick in soon.

The next home remedy I well try is to go out and sit in the sun and try to bake the crud out of my system. Again, I do not know how effective this is but I am a believer and I can be sick in be or sick in the sun. I choose the sun. I am also trying to read a hundred pages in my novel today and I can achieve this by reading at least ten pages every hour. If I were to get feeling better I might even try sneaking in a movie or two but this is doubtful.

The image I have posted today is of my work station by the front room window. I have few of the street infront of our house, good light and a broadband connection. This workstation is a little cramped but cozy just the same. Well, I must go and read and gargle or something.

No comments: