Tuesday, July 05, 2005

There's a Tension in the Air

It’s hot out there today campers…in the upper 90* probably even hotter once the rays are bounced of the concrete and traffic of the city. I am using my old chair today because that chair has the onboard charger and I trust it. I know I will get home tonight following my -afterhours presentation at the ALS group at All Saints Episcopal at 6:00 pm. I have contacted the authority and have printed the specific routes needed to make the meeting. I should be OK. I have done no checking as to when the meeting is over but this All Saints id fairly central and I should be able to find a bus going “In bound” easy enough.

Can you sense when there is something strange happening or about to happen. I think I can or like to think so. This was the feeling I have had all day today. You know it is my quarterly board meeting and I have been fretting about this meeting all month of June…actually I always do. Anyway, I think I have been so worried about the meeting that I did not sleep as good last night as I wished that I had. Today is the first working day coming off a national holiday maybe that’s why there’s so much stress in the air. I was at the bank over lunch (Internet banking had gone down so I went in person) There were two lines waiting for service. There were two people in the line next to mine each one giving the teller grief about items the tell requested like forms of ID. IT was just stupid stuff too. One old fart did not want to give his picture ID when the teller asked for it to verify the account. He played this weird game:

Teller: Great Mr D. Can I just see a form of I.D.

MR D: Why do you need to see a form of ID/ I am just transferring from one account to another of my accounts.

Teller: Yes, I know but we need to see a form of ID Do you have a form ID with you?

MR D: Yes,

Teller: Can I see your ID

MR D: No…

This went on and one and finally the teller caved and preformed the transaction. Mr D really had some interesting skills at defeating questionable systems. He was rather good. One could tell he was useds to getting his way. The other guy was some early thirty something—and someone who had been doing quite well at the investing game—you know the kind of gamewhich has you hawk all your credit cards and sink the money in to fast money and try to make more money then you invested to pay back your credit cards…this young guy was full of himself and never came into bank in person. He was forced to today because of the INTERNET being down. He is really limited on personal skills. He was being forced to jump through a bunch of hoops to transfer his money from one account to another and also being forced to show ID. He balked at this and other requirements, verbalizing many time that if he has to go through this hassle each time he does business at this bank he is going to pull his money out and walk. The poor teller finally gave up on the guy and had him speak to an older, male bank officer…everyone was happy after that.

It have sensed a tension all day I have felt this tension. I think I will be glad for tomorrow.

No comments: