Friday, August 26, 2005

Alone, Again, Naturally

The Air conditioning to this part of the building is broke and the after noon wanders towards 5:00 I am sitting clawing to conscience. There has been a meeting in the Council just outside my office all day and as they have droned on and on I find my self staring at my computer screen and seeing nothing. I am still with out my new box and this system keeps freezing up and I have to completely power down and bring the system back up. I nod off during the transition. My partner had a minor family emergency and split and I am again here, by myself, naturally.

The washing machine is malfunction now—has all week, but for one reason or another we have not been able to get the machine looked at. In fact, the washer is part of a set we purchased from Sears a couple of years ago and has never worked right. Every couple of months, it seams, the stupid thing refuses to drain or just will sit there and flash it’s light at you. In fact the last repair guy who was out earlier this year said that if they had to come out one more time before the end of the year they would replace the machine. I did not believe this then and I do not believe this now but we shall see. The machines are still under warranty and I think Sears is getting sick of coming out and repairing them. Dianne, was at home this morning when the repair guy was supposed to show up. I have not heard anything today which means-I think they are going to repair the washer, but will have to order in parts, which will mean more time and a trip to the dreaded Laundromat, probably tomorrow morning –early if I have my way. “Get it out of the way early in the day” is my motto. I plan to wash just enough pants and shirts for the week. I have been wearing jeans since Wednesday and that’s cool I just need some slack backup. Hopefully we’ll have the washer up and going by then. Anakah is coming over for the weekend which means Dianne and Anakah will be hanging out all weekend—probably heading over to Mark and Kristys, feeding ducks and swimming .
Everyone’s gone now. The boss, the 2nd boss lights are out up front and I am hunched over my system trying to finish my 500 for the day before I am out on Trax heading South. Aside from washing some clothes I want to finish a book I have been reading for far too long, I have to publish a newsletter to a webpage I maintain for a local non profit. This will take a couple of hours and maybe burn some beef out on the grill. A movie would be cool but that would be way ambitious. When we were cleaning up the house for the impending visit I happened to come across a box or two of old videos we used to watch. Many we have not looked at for five years or more so for someone like me with head injury it’s like something new. I even found my old copy of Clossus: The Forbin Project a great piece of celluloid. Clossus came out in the early 70’s one of the first pieces of Cyberpunk I was exposed to. I just thought it a great piece of work---the copy I have I recorded of the TV. I have to catch a train.

No comments: