Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Loose

I feel like a poster child for lost memory. Mr. Ed, the computer guy from IT, was out this morning and looked over the systems and sure enough the systems were not finding the hard ware needed to play music. Mr. Ed took my system back and rebuilt it and found out the issue is with office XP on the new systems are fighting with other parts of the computers or the computer’s programming. He is going to have to find the “patches” needed to make everything right. In the mean time Cecilia and notice there is something queer about the database—we finds the new machines are not recording the Data to the server where the data should be stored. And since Mr. Ed has taken the systems back to his tech area and rebuilt the systems any data that may have been written to disk is now gone! Probably about thirty or forty files. Luckily we have found the problem now and not 45 days from now when I am trying to generate reports for my October meeting. I think we have it under control but it’s might be a bit messy during this transfer of machines. Cecilia suggested that we immediately print reports of the data base for the first month and a half and make note of the “lost data” while the data points are still fresh in out heads ad blend everything at the end of the quarter.

So we are hooked back up to our old machines and we at least have our tunes. Plus while I had the new machine yesterday and this a.m. I realized that a lot of my software I use is not going to on the new system and it will not be on the new system if I do not pull the software off myself. So I burned the folders for MIC, ACDSEE 32 and other files. I’ll glean some more folders in the next few days. Mr. Ed said it would be a week or so before we get our new machines back.

Tomorrow I am out of the office for a major part of the day. I am working a telephone back for a local City wide information fair called Ask an Expert. The way it sounds is that there will be a back of telephone operators (all experts in their own area—mine being disability of course. The info-thon will run from 12:00 to 5:00 pm and be televised. Essentially, when the network breaks for advertisements they will do the call for information. They will feed us though and well be at the local NBC affiliate downtown. I’ll try to get an image tomorrow.

I also found a charger for my power chair only 60 dollars. I am impressed . I was afraid the charger was going to cast me a lot more then that. I figure the charger is light weight but should do the job. I sill for the price of the power chair an board charger should have been included.

No comments: