Wednesday, August 03, 2005

BG 186

The heat is back. Not with the vengeance the heat displayed before the holiday season. It's the August heat now. The end of summer heat; the almost boring heat that makes you tired of the heat and the summer, the picnics and what ever and gets me ready for Fall. I start looking forward to that short season of crisp evenings, coloring leaves and brisk sweater weather when coffee smells welcoming and a promise of fly less days.


We had a tornado siting last night over the lake...a tornado in th Salt Lake Valley is always great topic of interest with the weather folks here. It was once thought, because of the mountains of this area that we were protected from tornadoes and but not so any more. Since I have been in Utah there has been several sitings and couple actually touching down and doing property damage. These are not the great deadly twisters of the mid-West and the Southern United States but items of interest. I have not seen a real life tornado yet, and I would like to before I die. I have seen the image capturing on TV but I think these rendering are nothing like the real event. My fad was from Kansas and had intimate experience with these funnels of wind and always chiding me that I should never wish to experience such an event. I think I would like to experience such an event with in limits.


I had some time today so I did some searching on the INTERNET for a bg 86. When I was in college I had a rucksack of sorts. I found this great back labeled “BG 186” it was a parachute riggers kit. I loved that bag, found in an army navy store the bag met my needs perfectly. The bag had lots of pockets and hidden areas. The bag I acquired still had all the rigger tools too. I lost the bag somewhere i n all my travels between there and here and I kinda would like to get another so I have been searching. The best I have been able to do is to find the bag, a canvas bag with a shoulder strap,olive drab but very functional. The use seems to be mainly for some sort of radio. I cannot find the exact bag used for a parachute riggers bag. I would like to find one. If anyone knows where one might be let me know. Please.


Its Wednesday night and all is well.

No comments: