Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Retreat Retreat!!!!

Last hour of the last day of the month and I am cranking trying to get some things done before the end of the work day. True, tomorrow IS a work day but we have an all office was then hell out in Draper, near Point of the Mountain, the State prison. I checked, no buses go out this far so I am going to have to drive my van. Tonite I have to get the newsletter finished and posted. I was going to get some done over lunch but I have none of the software I need from my old computer. I thought about downloading some freeware but it was becoming too difficult and cumbersome. I have the software I need at home and I will just have to sacrifice “So You Think You Can Dance?” I was also going to upload some images but the machine will not open my card reader so I CAN UPLOAD THE IMAGES. The machine recognizes new hardware has been interfaced with the system but will not show the drives so I can access the said images. Totally frustrating. I wonder what I am missing. I may have to down load some drives.

So, tomorrow is another retreat. A time to get to know staff and management a little better in a less formal setting. In years past we have been everywhere from hotels to staff houses and I just wonder how effective these outings are. Tomorrow’s retreat is going to be at a country club The retreat is always kinds a fun and a way to blow off a day. I hate to miss 8 hours of calls. I have tried to bail on these things before but that is always a nogo. When your boss is trained social worker these ventures into the “touchy feely” is most important; really assists the staff growth. I have elected to take a vacation day Friday so as to stretch my holiday with Labor Day happening on this coming Monday. So, a retreat is kinda like an extra day of vacation you just do not have control of you life while you are at the retreat. You usually are set up with folks you work with which can make things a drag… I am fortunate that the folks I work with are OK. I mean it could be a whole lot worse which I am very aware. My biggest stress point tomorrow is that I have to feign focused interest for 8 hours.

No comments: