Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Did you feel yesterday's post clipped?

Did you feel yesterday’s post ended kinda abruptly?  Well, it did, it was far shorter then my usual 500  words .  The shorten post was due to the fact I had “jet” the office three hours ahead of time.  I usually write in the mid-afternoon- as a way to crank my batteries up.  My productivity slows way down about 2:30. I find if I write for about twenty minutes the writing  steams me up to finish the rest of the day.  So, by the time I started writing yesterday  it was almost time for me to leave for my follow Dr. appointment.

Let me just finish Taxi Extortion by saying the $300.00 it would take Handi van to transport this guy is extortion but the ubiquitous “they” can get away with this extortion because it’s legal.  It seems all the taxi companies in the area go together and hatched this plan: no one( taxi cab companies)  would not have to an accessible van if they all agreed that, any calls from folks requesting accessible transportation be “referred to Handi-van. Is not this racketeering??? So there is not competition in the taxi arena. True the consumer with a disability can try to find an alternative to their transportation needs by using the local bus company.  There the consumer is kinda trapped to the fixed route options, many time these options will work but many times these option will  not. Fixed route suffers from service which can be  some sporadic and routes which shut down way early ( like 6:00 PM)  even on the weekends. Sometimes a person just needs a taxi.  Whew!

So, even clipping my blog “therapy” short I managed to be late for my appointment across town. I had missed the appointment I had scheduled for last Friday.  I had written in daytimer the appointment was to be April 10,( yesterday).  When I called them on this in the morning the indicated that indeed I had missed the appointment yesterday but they just had a “cancellation” and if I could be there by 2:45 I could be seen that afternoon.  I confirmed. But I was not there till 3:00 pm.  So, I did not even get called to the exam room till 4:00.  Then after the  customary 15-20 minute wait Doc Bob comes in and is not happy I had not gotten any rehab over the past two weeks.  The rehab clinic I had chose did not practice the kind of rehab that Doc bob wanted me to have. Actually, I wanted my legs stretched—plus attention to my shoulder.  They did not do stretching, I was pissed Dr bob did not believe me. I told him my shoulder felt fine now and says ,”Do you even want rehab?
I says Yes”
He says “well, lets focus on your shoulder then. That’s why you came in to see me.”
“OK” I says feeling very put in my place. I mean, I really want to get my shoulder  working right but I would really love to have my legs really stretched too. Why cannot I have both?

No comments: