Thursday, April 27, 2006

Priceless


I was out if the office this afternoon so that is why I am posting so late. The office we share space has a retreat today and tomorrow. Today it was just me and CC in the office. I swear she was in my case to take the time I had worked over this week off. She wanted me to leave at 9:30. I had the hours from last Saturday and a couple day this week I had to work though lunch. Tomorrow CC is off and I am holding the office down by myself. I will not be able to leave at all so I let CC work on me and I decided to head out at 1:00. I called Dianne to let her know I was coming home and she sounded like she wanted to go out to lunch which sounded like a great idea to me.

I trained home and as almost ready. Dianne wanted to pick up Auni from day care and I agreed. Lunch with a five year old at a restaurant is always a challenge. I really did not have a good excuse not too bring her so we snatched Auni and headed for the Red Lobster. Perhaps the saving grace was that we were at the Red Lobster in the middle of the afternoon, few other folk were there. We ordered got our drinks and waited for out orders. Dianne and I chatted and Auni explored the near empty restaurant. Dianne's shrimp platter and my Captain's platter was good, way too much for me to finish in one sitting and I must admit all in all Auni did great, she even ate all of her mac and cheese.

So my afternoon off: four hours; lunch with Auni and Dianne:$38.00; sitting in my driveway in the late afternoon on a workday reading :Priceless!

1 comment:

marks_thought said...

Cool I gotta leave a comment about this post. Last time I went to Red Lobster w/ Kristie & Jasmine, Jasmine of course also wanted to explore the restaurant especially the Lobsters, who can blame the little one for finding them so facinating, any how the greeter girl took the time to actually pull one of these guys out and show it to us, it was really cool and left a very good impression of Red Lobster on me.