Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I have survived another Board Meeting

I have survived another Board Meeting! I could have been a little bit more prepared going into the meeting but the event went off OK. CC had the “Stat sheets” done well, a little slow incoming but lots of data in lots of colors. Those present looked at the handouts shrugged shoulders, looked interested and asked a question or two and went on. My director had a specific direction she wished the meeting to flow and that direction was “ What is going to happen to funding of this program,?” We need to increase our funding flow and the most simple way to achieve a richer funding flow is to go back to the contractors and beg for more money. I really do not know how realistic this idea is. We have been rattling these folks cage for some time and the directors never seem to notice. But as the fiscal year is coming to a close we are getting ready to push the attack forward.

The winds of change are sweeping over this valley and this industry. Some major players have stepped down and the new leadership has everyone talking and seemly excited. The new director seems to be well liked and a fair shooter. He has a kid with a disability and has been in disability all his professional life. If he would openly increase our funding then maybe some of the other players will follow. I actually like the guy. I have known him for almost twenty years. I have served on various boards with the guy and we have traveled the same Info Fairs for years. He is now in charge of the whole State program. I will be interested in seeing him grow.

The fiscal year begins July 1. This means personal visits to the directors of the four programs and even inviting them to the next or one of the next Advisory Board meetings. The next Board meeting is July 7th. This gives me just over 60 days to make the visits. The other “hitch” is that we feel it would be wise to have my Director in tow when me visit. Now this greatly complicates the project. Since my director id frequently out of the office with meetings and trips. I foresee problems Again; I do not know how I realistic this idea is but if the Board suggests I better figure out a way to comply.

The minutes to the meeting now must be written. I will send the minutes out with the handouts to those board representatives who could not be here. I hope to have this accomplished by the end of the week. I should have this accomplished by the end of the week.


>I just got off the phone with my MD’s nurse, Michelle. I need some medication which I can charge my insurance for. I am currently taking something I am getting off the INTERNET which works fine but this stuff is basically over the counter. Michelle says, “ Yeah, just get me the item (Prostate Miracle) and I’ll look up formulary. I write most of Dr’s scripts anyway…” I know this happens all the tme but just blows me away when it happens to me. She’s going to look it up and then write the script have my Dr. sign it and then send it to my pharmacy. Is this ethical that I should make my insurance pay for an over the counter med as of it were controlled just to save me for having to pay for the other?

which I can charge my insurance for.

I am currently taking something I am getting off the INTERNET which works fine but this stuff is basically over the counter. Michelle says, “ Yeah, just get me the item (Prostate Miracle) and I’ll look up formulary. I write most of Dr’s scripts anyway…” I know this happens all the tme but just blows me away when it happens to me. She’s going to look it up and then write the script have my Dr. sign it and then send it to my pharmacy. Is this ethical that I should make my insurance pay for an over the counter med as of it were controlled just to save me for having to pay for the other?

No comments: