Saturday, April 15, 2006

Reunion Rumblings






It's started. I got the phone call from mom earlier this week. I was working on the computer so I elected to not take the call but it was her call to find out if I had gotten the email from my older sister to see if I was going to order the motel for the family reunion to be held in June. Yes I am going to the reunion and no I have not secured my room. I did not return the call till this morning. I spoke with mom assured her we were going to attend then emailed my brother ( who is actually making the arrangements.). I have to admit I felt a little pressed and resentful at having to make the arrangements. I know there is a major soccer tournament in town the same week and the rooms are going fast but I just hate having to commit

I have so many things going on right now, Dianne's cruise—leaving me home for two to three weeks, me having to go to Atlanta—alone- in the middle of all this for three days. This is all spooking me out a little. I am sure the experiences will do me good, giving me great room to grow.

Staying home for a number of weeks, by myself is a bit intimidating but I have the kids and great neighbors if I really need them, i.e. if I should fall out of my wheelchair. This is not so bad in fact I was even contemplating taking some vacation and hanging round the house the entire time. The trip to Atlanta is something else, business . If D was not going on her trip I could take her like the philly trip. But Dianne really needs to see her family. So, not only must I pack and get my self to the terminal I must also survive in a strange city for three days and come home and then go to th reunion shortly afterward. Take a deep breath and take the adventure in stride. What I am planning on doing is have Dianne pack up my travel bag before she leaves. I'll stow the bag in the van and I'm ready to go. I will just have to pack up my medications and bathroom stuff and I am gone. Really this is going to be fun. I'll worry about the Boise trip when I get back.

The sun has come out this morning. I was expecting clouds an showers all weekend. But it's half way nice, a bit cool and breezy but almost pleasant. There are pick blizzards outside my front door as the plumb trees give up their blossoms. My ramp is carpeted with blossoms very nice. I am sure the rain will return before day is out and who knows what Easter will bring. There is one possible family event happening but aside from that should be a good weekend. I will probably post tomorrow but I I don't Happy Easter!


No comments: