Friday, February 02, 2007

Groundhog's Day

Today is Groundhog’s day; this of course means that today is also my birthday! My fifty sixth to be exact and I am getting the feeling that 56 being on the short side fifty-five is a down hill slide to sixty and sixty years is a bunch of years and no matter how I dress the mess sixty years is no longer middle age I am soon on the beginning steps of “advanced age” and from there…

But today I am fine. I am into work doing the job. I have had a number of birthdays congratulatory phone calls even my brother Ross. This is very impressive for Ross to call me, first he has to remember the birthday then call me. Ross goes to work at 4:30 am so by the time I am at my office Ross has already been at work a half day and has to get to a phone and make the call. That’s it a lot of steps. He called and we visited for some time. The visit was a good visit. I have to admit I was and am impressed. Then my little sister, Leah called from Oregon, who is going through a major medical challenge and was kind enough wish be a happy birthday. Mark A also called and we able to have a good visit as well. He maybe coming over tonite to help me work on my printer to see if we can get the printer working again. Dianne called and wished me a wonderful day but we presents last night when I got home from my meeting with the Russians. Books and clothes a nice surprise for getting in late from a long day.

I have not heard that we are doing anything tonight to celebrate the event. I have been in touch with mom and we will be going to Chuck a Rama. I have learned that the Chuck a Rama eating format , I have found, is best for mom in that she is able to see what she is going to eat before she eats it. I do not know if any other family is coming but this will be enough.

Still something might be happening if Dianne’s kids want to do something. They like to go to dinner for celebrations but they don’t seem to like do things with my family-and that’s ok. So maybe we might do something on Sunday. And, maybe we will not do anything too and this will all be fine.

What I think is really weird is that I know I am getting up “there” in age but I still do not feel like I thought I would feel when I got to this spot. I mean as of today I will be sixty in four short years. 60!!! That’s a lot of years. Though I talked to one of my buddies today who is 66 and he is doing just fine and my next door neighbor who his to be in his latter 70’s maybe early 80’s and though he has the body of n old guy now. I can tell he is still thinking like I am now. So maybe it’s the body which feels the age you always see yourself as how you always have, unless, of course you have some major disease process which impacts your thought process then it doesn’t matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Bro WOW 56 Ihope you had a wonderful day.I love ya and think of often. Your Younger bro. Paul