Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Laaaaate

My Late great Birthday Cake!!!!

I was 90 minutes late to a meeting this morning and I did not really care. What a poor attitude. Actually I had the time written in my planner and on my electronic calendar for 11:30. I remember thinking that 11:30 am his was a weird time when I checked on my meetings for the week on Monday. This group has never been too much into lunch meetings but oh well, who am I to challenge change? Well, the meeting I was late for actually started at 10:00

Actually I had another meeting which started at 9:00 but this meeting was a “telephone” meeting and this meeting over lapped the other meeting but not by much but I figured I had the time.

Like I said I got into this meeting at11:30 and I was even smug when the other participants indicated ‘It was good me to drop by”. I smugged them by saying “I got here right on time by the timer listed in my day-timer’ And looking like I meant it. I rolled in on one of Major Peter’s diatribe on what ever the Peter is into this week. Major Peter or MP is your typical class clown, and not class like “class” but class like social strata—this guy really thinks he is hot snot just because he was once military and an officer. Now MP may have been what MP says he was but I’ll bet this vision is highly filtered. I know of MP would have ever been sent into combat he would have been fragged. MP just drones on and on and on using what he deems as quasi-military witticisms. I had only been there thirty minutes as was already bored and anxious out of my mind. The other poor souls sitting round the table were doodling, playing on their cell phone or \day dreaming about their March wedding. We had a speaker who was nearly tharn and getting \ready to bolt when MP was called out of the room for one thing or another. Those of us still conscience at this point were able to pull something out of the meeting in the time left. We had scheduled and all but dismissed by the time MP came back into the room. Even though we had just about finished the meeting MP drug the experience on for another thirty minutes and finally I was able to escape to my van and careen back to my office.

The temperature today looks to have topped out at 50 sunny degrees! This is warm and almost hot day as the afternoon sun finds it’s way into my Western exposed window. From this point forward my office is hot in the afternoons till the Fall Equinox. Though I know Spring is till six weeks or so off. The Great Wasatch front still could lapse into sub zero temperatures and snowdrifts but every day, every spin of this old globe the sub zero probabilities of cold weather get slimmer and slimmer but most of all it’s beginning to feel more Spring then Winter or I may be just jumping the gun.


No comments: