Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Just get So Tired





I took off at 12:30 today! I took the whole four whole four hours I worked last night at the gimp-arama. I ended up taking the train over to the Galavin Center with milk crate of materials on my lap. Ironically the shop called a little after four saying my van was done. What a shock. I still blew off picking up the van thinking the stress of having to train all the way down to Sandy Station and drive all the way back downtown just was not worth effort. I must confess I was bit however by the time I got off the train last night at 9:30 and still had to motor my chair the six blocks back to the house. I left the box of materials with an acquaintance ho works for Voc Rehab and has an office not far from my office downtown. I was going to pick the materials up today but blew it off after deciding To cash in my hours today. I am going to load a couple of images I took at the event tomorrow when I get to work, where I downloaded the images.

I was pretty tired all day at work—I did some decent counseling but all in all I was pretty worthless sso I caved in and took the hours. I am a little suspicious of Tory and Kristin in how happy they sounded when I announced I was leaving—I did not know that Claire was leaving too for a two and half day vacation letting me know I was ,again, in charge while she is gone. Before I left she Claire informed me she had hired a new bookkeeper—an guy, maybe even older then me, and I am wondering if my days of being in charge during Claire’s absences are a thing of the past. This is cool, I saw him the other day when he arrived at our building for his interview. He is stately, well retired with lots of snow white hair. He is tall and drives an SUV and is probably a republican which should make for some interesting office discussions. This upcoming quarter should be interesting.

Out of the office and on my own I grabbed a quick lunch and then hopped a train South to retrieve my van. I had to go all the way down to 90th South which seemed to take for ever. The rocking train and the lack of sleep soon had me nodding in and out of consciousness. I called Justine as I was leaving the Downtown station. Justine offered to have someone pick me up as I got into 90th South. He has never offered such an amenity which kind of spooked me. He must be feeling guilty for what he is about to charge . Sure enough John the hack was there with my van when I got off the train. I was impressed. This was true service.

Justine is great and doe great work but does this weird think of always having me write out the payment directly to him and that way either does not charge me insurance or cuts the price but I always feel kind of slimey when I am done. I don’t know why but I do. Today he knocked off $35.00 bringing my cost to $300.00 which feels steep but the price of a harness and the hours to repair the door motors…I guess it’s about right but I just cannot get ahead. There is always something which knocks me down. But, I have my van back and I am set for the weekend. The boss is gone and the Spring gets better every day.

No comments: