Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Stop The Music...Please!

FOX used to have a pretty good Tuesday and Wednesday night line up. Bones and House. There was some other offering, I cannot remember right now but now FOX is running American Idiot(Idol) Tuesday-Thursday I am going to have to really explore the other networks. I of course blame the writers strike for this type of reality programming but in fairness I must admit FOX was doing American Idol, sadly, long before he writer’s strike.

Sometime I get caught up in the “Idol” but for the most part I fine the show a boring, embarrassing example of American egocentrism. Even the most benign of the contestants are so caught up in the quest for fame and austerity they nearly have nervous breakdowns when their name is called to go home.

Even the Sara Conner Chronicles, the only science fiction programming I have access to, finished up their mini-season last night, of course with a “cliff-hanger”. The only hope I have left is to start trolling the other networks on hopes of finding something worthwhile. Who knows I may have to start reading in the evenings, writing or even art work. Daylight

Savings time starts this weekend so I am going to be having lots more opportunity to be outside so maybe I can get over to my neighbors and visit.

The writers strike is finally over, give us a break from reality TV, PLEASE give us something we can chew on.

No comments: