Thursday, March 06, 2008

Just Shut Up!

I usually play well with all the kids in my sand box but lately I have been having an issue with one I have to play with at least once a month maybe even more frequently as this program I am affiliated with grows.

I have written about the reutilization project before—I think. I project designed to re- utilize all the assistive technology which is scattered round the community and best of all to get this assistive technology to consumers who can use it. There are six or seven of us in the area who are part of this team maybe even a few more.

Some of the players include Vocational Rehabilitation, Independent living, Center for assistive technology, Center for People with disabilities, my program an a few others. The local Center for Assistive technology had some extra space so the committee decided to house the operation there. This is where we would house the storage area, maintenance of equipment and distribution of product. The director of the CAT is a retired Air force guy and someone seems to want to control everything at what ever table he happens to be sitting at. Now that recycling program in his building he is beginning to usurp control of the project.

Yesterday at another meeting I attend at the building in question we toured the recycling program and this guy starts babbling on and on and even giving disinformation regarding program. I called him on a couple of the things he was saying and it got to be a bit of a shouting match. I do not know what it is with this guy but he just sets my nerves on edge and I come out swinging when ever we are together.

I am a bigger person then this and I am quite embarrassed at my actions and I don’t know what it was which pushed me over the edge like that. I would hate for word to get out that I was becoming a hothead and not being able to be worked with. I have called the director of the group I was with yesterday and apologized and she was gracious indicating she did not know what I was talking about and she said that no one else had said anything to her regarding the incident so I am off the hook for the time being. I am sensing something is happening to me and I cannot hold my patience for stupidity like I once was able to—sometimes I feel that time is just running out.

No comments: