Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend

Seems for ever since I updated. I apologize. I will try to do better. There are more images of Riley but I am not able to access those from my office—if anyone has them please send to my Netscape account or office account if you have it, other wise I’ll try to get the images this evening or sometime when I can get to my My Space account.

This weekend was our 16/4th anniversary—I took the day off on Friday just to spend the time with Dianne. Dianne had a doc’s appointment( which I attended with her) and spent the afternoon at the “free” movie place taking in Vantage Point and Jumper. Both movies were OK but not as good as I was hoping for especially Jumper. Jumper was wrecked by two noisy sitting behind us whispering and rattling their pop corn sack all the Way through the movie. Dianne was doing the Seinfield of “aheming” and turning round and looking (disgustedly) at the offender as I sunk lower and lower into my power chair. Following the movie we had dinner at Lieutenants the restaurant, which is in the same building as the movies. Lieutenants is a pretty much a hamburger shop or what used to be. It is supposed to look like a “malt shop” out of the 50’sor ,60’s. Lots opf red, white and black tiles, Coke images, a counter with soda jerks and lot and lots teenage help, some dressed in bobby sox and poodle skirts. The movie got out a little after six in the evening and so the first wave of kids were in attendance; Attached to the movies and restaurant is a skating rink. So there are tons of kids and teenagers hanging round the restaurant skating this way and that tons of energy. This kind of stuff used to never bother me in fact I loved the chaos and random energy. I just could not wait to finish my meal and get back in my van and head for home. This behavior is really bad and I just need to get a reality check.

We spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out, Talking bout kids and grandkids and watching Movies on Demand and having a pretty good time. We both agreed that we had had a great anniversary weekend and would have to do it again in another four years.

No comments: