Thursday, July 02, 2015

More Then A Bag Of Chips


Yesterday, was a saddle up day. I had my physical therapy appointment over sugarhouse and I also had my time in Wellness Both reasons to out on the tarmac. I took my bottle of frozen water the truly made a difference, I believe throughout the day know if the standpoint of having something to drink but also having enough liquid which is cold the drench my hat in my clothes if need be. This worked in keeping a body temperature down and the day enjoyable and safe. I did a few chores before I took off not wanting to be too long in Sugarhouse with nothing to do. I took off about 930 or a quarter to ten Unfortunately did not have to wait long before catching a bus. I have to admit catching the bus without Starbucks makes a boring wait.


The only real positive today at rehab was that my therapist to a large part agreed with my issues of my power chair. Not that's going to make a big difference one or the other. It was just nice having someone else understand what I was trying to say. She agreed with me the box of my footpads was somewhat overkill. In fact she indicated that what I have is something akin to what a a child with cerebral palsy might have on their chair. She is not seen these kinds has on a scale which I have on my chair. For the time being have grown to accept the front loader appearance of my chair. Now I'm trying to figure out how to latch and unlatch the arms of my chair so I can get close and personal with things I'm trying to do like shave, dishes or whatever need to do. I really need to be more independent or at least feel like a more independent than this chair is actually allowed me to be right now. And, I may have to take off the positioners are what I have to do at least get me to the point where I am using my chair as productively as I can as independently as I can. I cannot overstate the need for independence for me. I think it is everything in our culture/society It is.. I cannot accept these other issues as far as forgoing my independence… Am I just being dorky?

Once again I'm looking down the barrel of a federal holiday/national holiday and in spite of myself and begin to feel excited… I don't know why but I am. I want to get at least one bag of Clover club potato chips, make some potato salad, has something fun to barbecue we may have some stuff already if not get a glorious steak just the barbecue for the Fourth of July. I'd like some corn on the cob too. I think we're trying to do is go back to a safer and more enjoyable time in my life… How pathetic for me?That's okay, I've learned by now that bag of chips does not a holiday make. But it sure helps.



No comments: