Thursday, July 30, 2015

Busy Days



This week is been unseasonably cool and I don't like that but such is life. I guess it's only natural now the rear nearly out of July. I don't know if it was the cool weather or what but I noticed the figure ground effects begin to change is just a little bit easier to imagine fall taking over the Wasatch front and new season. However, it looks like the hot weather will return today and probably will remain so for the month of August

It's been a busy week which I guess is good since I rattle about Not having anything to do, was more or less a maintenance week. I went to Wellness a couple times, got my eyes examined in yesterday we went out to lunch with G B A2, Dianne drove me to Wellness and then we went to Bernie Sanders telecast At Westminster College. Oh, we also shopped for new cell phones over at Best Buy.

I got the word from my eldest son couple days ago that the hammered finally dropped where he worked and that he no longer had a job. This is bad no question but what is even worse is that he worked at a major cell phone provider and had had me and Dianne on his family plan for a number of years. Is been great we have not had to pay cell phone charges for years. However those now thing of the past. Just one of putting the major shout out to Mark A, thanking him for the support of all this free cellular phone use. I wish him well and speed in finding new forms of employment. We had not started out thinking we were going to shop for cell phones but since we had a couple of hours before the Bernie Sanders thing we figured why not check out the Best Buy options and more than anything else have one of their folks explained to us the ropes of cell phones. We finally got Greg, a young but knowledgeable geek, to assist us in our cell search. The little guy knew what he was talking I sort of felt bad barraging Him with the host of technical questions and With no real intention of purchasing the program from that particular store. If we did purchase our cell phone plans from a Best Buy it would be the Best Buy in our neighborhood. We were just using the lad. We still need to check with Costco and some other providers but we need to move quickly since the plan we have now will expire tomorrow. If I were more courageous person I would even consider not having a cell phone. But too many people in my life and I guess me included feel a cell phone for me is imperative as far as having access to support in emergency situations.


I must admit however that it was kind of fun looking at what cell phoneshave to offer now. I think I'm going to steer away from getting the military grade, heavy-duty, nondestructive cell phones I'm looking to get and look for something more user-friendly and fun. I am kind of amazed at how much power and savable space one gets with a basic plan now. We just have to decide and get going on our new cell phone plans. Kind of excited. Also kind of exciting is that I purchased day entry-level DVD player yesterday at Best Buy Dianne hooked up last night and it works now at least I can use red box again and enjoy my old DVDs.

No comments: