Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Time Has Come Today...




I've been kind of dragging my feet, getting in touch with my older brother who has volunteered to help me get up in the morning during the week allowing me to cut loose of my home health care folks. This will greatly save money for Dianne myself. I did not call Carl directly that sentiment email over the cell phone later in the day I got a return message that he was still open to his volunteerism and that we should contact each other to discuss the details. Later in the afternoon I did call my brother and we decided that he would provide five mornings a week of assistance which greatly assist our financial well-being. We are also cutting back the home care assistance in the evenings as well. So now Dianne well essentially help put me to bed and provide some of my bowel management. With this done we called Home Health Options-to inform them and ask what the process was cutting back assistance we need. We want to keep our options open particularly if we have to come back after our experiment of independence. We decided that we would continue to use HHO but only use them three or four times a week, primarily for bathing. Home Options Indicated that would not be a problem just to let them know. We decided we would basically begin the first of the week, this coming Monday. However we did include that we want to change my nights support for the rest of the week. The guy comes in Monday through Thursday just is not cutting it for us. I am not sure what it is but it is just not a good fit.

So, this morning I let the morning guy know that after Friday I would not be using him anymore. This is kind of hard because I have come to realize how codependent this project is. I need sports services but even as much as I do I think the attendants need us even more. Especially the ones that provide services on a daily block – – like my night guy who provides my night care from Monday through Thursday. It's only four hours but it's four hours he can depend on. It's four hours that well no longer be there for me. I hope he will be able to pick up the four hours somewhere else – – – I'm sure he will. Still it's not my worry – – maybe a little bit – – really out of had to fire this guy anyway regardless of going to more personal self-care. I've never had to do that yet and may have been good for me but just the same I'm glad I dodged that bullet by the poverty I'm having to experience by the amount of home care I'm using.


I think of all the folks I am using for home health I think I'll miss my morning guy John the most. I've talked about him before, how close he is to my age and his struggles within the private sector trying to be a real estate tycoon. It's interesting to peer into his life and see him go about his days. I would not say we have a great friendship probably more of an acquaintance which I'm sure will disappear at the end of this week. However you never know this morning I couldn't find my cell phone and we tried to use the “call the cell phone trick”. So now I have his phone number. I don't know if I've ever really consider having a social function within like dinner or a drink but he's truly interesting, interesting to me the kind of think I will miss John’s morning’s input.

No comments: