Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Heal Dam You









It just never stops. I wonder if I'm going to ever be healthy again, and be truly healthy is much as I can be healthy as a quadriplegic. A couple days ago maybe a week or two I was undressing and I scraped by leg. I did not even know that I had scratched my leg but was told that I had by my wife. I really did not pay much attention to the fact until couple days later in my spasticity increased And I was feeling a little pain in my leg. But my Dianne checked She found I had a major wound on the side of my leg! We watched the wound for a day or so until Dianne got really concerned and we made a trip into my doc.


By Doc or more specifically PA is great and she immediately started caring for the wound space cleaning and getting the wound ready for dressing. I'm so pleased and lucky Dianne had been doing all the right things to minimize the wounds impact but still needed professional attention. However the result was putting my leg into a boot made of guaz that is medicated. And looks like I will have to wear this boot for at least a week when I go back to have the leg looked at and evaluated. Most likely I will have to wear the boot again for another week and then possibly a week after that. Plus during this time I can not participate in Wellness are other activities which might traumatize the dressing in the wound. Essentially this is home confinement and I had to accept that – – which I have. I cannot believe this happened in trying to be upbeat about the whole issue. However I'm going to try to keep some of my exercise routine here at the house going with the mindset at keeping my leg is free of pressure as possible. I'm having to do sponge baths since showers which seems like a step backwards. I plan to use this time to catch up was writing, sketching and communications as well as finding a different hospital bed. So I'm going to look upon this healing time as a gift and enjoy it as much as possible.

No comments: