Saturday, November 14, 2015

Objects In Motion



It's really weird I know the people who love me and really care – – literally, try to understand why I hate laying in bed as much as I do But they don't really can't until they have to lie in the same bed feel the isolation.

One of the weird things I'm having do or that we are having to do right now is to find a another electric bed, You know, hospital type it. The one I have that we got from a local writer provider Being taken back by the vendor something weird like not being covered by my insurance which is bull because we checked with our provider in fact it wouldn't even give us the bed until our provider authorized the bed. Regardless, I'm having to get a new bed or another bed. So going back to all my resources where the fully electric hospital bed might be found. One of those places is the local Independent living Center. In this case the Utah Independent Living Center . Interestingly enough the person I called who I thought could give me some good Intel was not there and I left a message. A few minutes later I was contacted by the director of the independent living center was also a close friend. Her name is Deborah or Deb.

Deborah is a high quadriplegic, Deb is much more involved than I disabilitywise but she is totally independent as much a she can be. Deb cannot dress yourself, toilet yourself get in and out of bed by herself but she lives a full life, is director of the largest IL in Utah has traveled all over the country and manages your life to the max. As I visited with Deb about the bed She mentioned how it was impossible for her to also stay in bed if she didn't have to and if she had to how horrible the experience was. I can't explain but was so happy to find someone who understood how I felt.

I stayed in bed wonderful day this week in an effort to assist my wounded leg heal. I watched movies one after another all day. Doing this will survivable and got me through the day but I could not face another day watching the sun go from one end of my window to the next even if I had total entertainment. I can use my tablet or my cell phone dictate posts to the blog, letters, emails or even make calls very same things I would do if I were sitting at my computer in my computer room up in my chair. I think it's the ability to move. Movement regardless of how short the distance is so meaningful to someone who has reduced ability.. I think it may also be that scientific principle “objects in motion tend to stay in motion objects at rest tends to have rest”. I guess I'm afraid if I stay at rest too long I may not get moving again. Already I'm having to stay home from working out and even at home because I have to find my legs together so my injured leg does not press against my foot pedal cannot get close enough to very and bike or Saratoga Silver to use it. I'm not losing strength I don't think right now but I'm not building any strength either.

Dianne got me up this morning and I'm so thankful. Dianne helped me out of my shorts and help me transfer into my chair. I shaved, finished dressing, got me a quick breakfast, took my meds and washed dishes. I was an object in motion, I am an object of motion and I intend to stay in motion



No comments: